Seminars of Medical Errors
October 2004: Chicago Medical Conference on Medical Error Prevention
Health-care Executives and Managers Workshop on How to Prevent Medical Errors
All seminars are available in workshop format for in-house hospital presentation. For more information, please call Lara Publications: 314-653-0467, or fax request to: 314-653-6543.
(Workshop Exercise: Each participant will identify a particular problem and work through each of the stages during this presentation) --- Seminar #01
1. Learn 6 steps of identifying medical errors in your department.
2. Learn 5 strategies to identify root causes.
3. Learn 6 methods of collecting tentative solutions to a specific problem.
4. Learn how to set up a problem solving committee carefully choosing strategic members.
5. Learn 10 steps in the implementation of solutions or corrective actions.
6. Learn 5 ways to measure the outcome of the implemented solutions.
7. Learn 3 ways to measure if the goal of the set objective is accomplished.
8. Learn the importance of doing a follow up after measuring outcome. Are the solutions still working after 6 months?
9. Learn at what time interval a refresher implementation is needed.
10. Learn how to set a timetable or a timeline to achieve each objective.
11. Learn how to design strategic planning before putting the entire program into action.
12. Bio-terrorism attack! Is your institution prepared? Hints on how to measure a hospital's preparedness. (Total time of presentation - 2 hours)
Seminars of Medical Errors
Setting A Conducive Atmosphere For An Error Reduction Program --- Seminar #02
Before any designed program can work, certain conditions have to be met and certain protocols put in place. To test whether these conditions are functional, ask the following questions:
1. Is the hospital administration supportive of the efforts to reduce medical errors? Learn how to approach and gain hospital administration's support for your effort to reduce medical errors.
2. Does the hospital administration give incentives to those working on the project to reduce medical errors? Learn how to approach the administration for such support.
3. Is your department environment conducive to problem solving? Learn how to motivate employees and even hell-raisers to be problem solvers.
4. Do you communicate well with other departments (or other parties) involved? Learn how to establish good communications with other department heads and ways to bring them to the bargaining table.
5. Is there any funding available for this project? Learn how to obtain funding for such a problem-solving program.
6. Has the project manager gone through self-realization and transformation? Learn the most effective ways to evolve through self-realization and transformation as part of the preparation for problem solving.
7. Do you have conflict resolution skills? Learn how to develop skills for conflict resolution.
8. Do you understand the basics of leadership on the job? Learn the key basics of effective leadership. (Total time of presentation - 90 minutes)
The Seminar Targets all medical professionals working in areas prone to medical errors including hospital CEOs, managers and directors; nursing managers and nurse educators; laboratory managers, supervisors and lead techs; all physicians and hospital residents; pharmacists; phlebotomists and specimen collectors; risk management directors and employees.
Both #1 and #2 seminars above are also given together as an in-house presentation in a workshop format for only $99 per participant. For more information, fax request to Lara Publications at: 314-653-6543 or call 314-653-0467.
Specialized Seminars Join the Chicago, October 2004 Seminars for Health Care Workers
All seminars are available in workshop format for in-house hospital presentation. For more information, please call Lara Publications: 314-653-0467, Fax: 314-653-6543.
Hints to Physicians About Their Roles in Preventing Medical Errors? --- Seminar #03.
Prevention of Criminal Prosecution of Physicians and Health Care Workers Due to Medical Errors --- Seminar #04.
How Can Medication Errors be Prevented? --- Seminar #05.
Training on the Processes of Phlebotomy and Specimen Collection --- Seminar #06.
For more information about Medical Error Seminars:
October 2004 in Chicago write to: Lara Publications, Health Care Seminars, 12382 Trail
Forest Lane, Florissant, Missouri 63033. Tel: 314-653-0467, Fax: 314-653-6543. Chicago, Illinois.
For more information about Medical Error Seminars: October 2004 in Chicago write to: Lara Publications, Health Care Seminars, 12382 Trail Forest Lane, Florissant, Missouri 63033. Tel: 314-653-0467, Fax: 314-653-6543. Chicago, Illinois.
Press Release: World Research Group - Houston, Texas - Medical Conference 2002
Medical Errors: Implementing Proactive Measures to Overcome System Failures in Patient Safety
Did you know that more people die each year from medical errors than from motor vehicle accidents, breast cancer or AIDS? In fact, medical errors are one of the nations leading causes of death.
What can your hospital do to prevent these fatal errors from occurring? Attend World Research Groups second annual Medical Errors program, scheduled for February 26-27, 2002 in Houston and hear proven methods that hospitals have used to prevent medical errors. This conference showcases actual case studies from organizations that have drastically reduced error rates as well as patient safety experts. If proactive error reduction is important to your health care system, you cannot afford to miss this event!
2001 Book List: www.outcrybookreview.com/2001books.htm (Visit the site today)
Seminars of Medical Errors
List of Seminars Offered by Campaign to Prevent Medical Errors, Lara Publications.
Seminar Presentation on Medical Errors (In-house presentation)
List of seminars (For more information about seminar
presentation, please send your requests to Victor Vidal at Lara Publications
List of seminars (For more information about seminar presentation, please send your requests to Victor Vidal at Lara Publications 314-653-0467.)
Seminar #1 A
How to prevent or correct medical errors Seven layers of intervention. The seminar outlines 71 tips on how to solve medical errors.
Seminar #1 B
It also outlines 41 tips on how to design and conduct a committee for solving medical errors.
Expect challenges during the implementation of corrective action to solve any problem in hospitals or any institution. Workers are creatures of habit and they hate changes. Most people tend to associate change with pain or energy utilization since change requires effort and active engagement of the mind. The greatest barrier to change is the human resistance.
The seminar outlines seven
obstacles to be expected and ways to deal with them.
The seminar outlines seven obstacles to be expected and ways to deal with them.
Seminar # 3
Outline of barriers outside health care leading to deterrence of quality improvement Suggestions for
intervention. The seminar discusses 12 major deterrents to quality improvement as factors from outside the health care system impeding efforts to reduce medical errors.
How to motivate health care workers to prevent and fix medical errors?
The seminar outlines 15 steps on how to motivate employees to help prevent medical errors.
Seminar # 5
How physicians can help to prevent medical errors and also help to reduce cost.
Ways to prevent criminal prosecution of physicians for good faith medicine.
How the hospital administration can set a conducive atmosphere for an error reduction program.
Seven ways for hospital to create a conducive atmosphere for problem solving within the institution.
Stages of preventing medication errors.
The leading type of medical error is associated with medication errors. This seminar outlines 16 tips on how to help prevent medication errors.
Preventing specimen collection errors: fundamentals of phlebotomy and specimen collection.
Seminar outlines 20 tips on how to prevent errors of both patient and specimen identification.
For more information on the seminars, please call 314-653-0467 or fax request to 314-653-6543.